Sunday, 23 June 2013

Wrap dress

And so as one quest ends another begins.  I got this patten a long time ago with Sew magazine, bougt the fabric then wussed out of making it.  But with the confidence of the trousers behind me I feel ready to make myself something  .... And in theory  this should be easier than trousers!

It's a Simplicity pattern, 2369. I'm going for version B - short sleeves, just above the knee. So I pulled out the patten to look in detail and realised that the version I had didn't go up to my size. So I've had to buy the bigger version - anyone want the smaller one for P&P?

So I've traced and cut my pattern, and laid it out on the fabric. This is the nerve-wracking bit - cutting the cloth. What if I mess it up? What if I've got the wrong size? What if it's wonky?  ... Oh well, *snip*

Saturday, 22 June 2013


More bunting made for a friend's nursery - simple. Cath Kidson fabric as requested.

Trousers - the finale!

And they're all done! Woo hoo!  I think the button holes in the rear pockets are a little low and it took me ages to get round to hand hemming (tried machime hemming and looked awful!) but they are finished  ...

... And they look like real trousers. Hubby has worn them to work and everything! Whoop whoop.

And he's already said he wants a brown pair and a linen pair

Sunday, 2 June 2013

Trousers 5

Almost finished  ...

Belt loops were traumatic! Had to cut them out and start again as I simply couldn't turn them through. Took me 1 1/2hrs just to make 6 belt loops - not even attach them  .... Just make them!

But rear seam now sewn, waistband on  ... They fit - hoorah! So, finishing touches to go:
* sew the belt loops up
* put in the fly button holes
* sew on all buttons
* hems

Getting there  ...