Sunday 21 July 2013

Victoria sewalong 4 - prepping the collars and cuffs

Where's post 3 I hear you cry? Well, post #3 on the sew along is for versions 1 & 3 only, and as I'm doing v2 I got a break. So straight to step 4 - prepping collar, cuffs and lapels. I've decided to go for a contrast cuff using the lining fabric - that zebra is too fab to stay on the inside. But this does mean the collar and cuffs don't match  ...

There's not a lot to say about this step - very simple. So I would like to share my favourite turning implement. For the collar, cuffs and lapels you want sharp corners. My new item of preference for this is the propelling pencil (no lead!). It's got a small point which helps for sharpness but isn't sharp itself, meaning I don't go through the fabric - bonza. It's the small things  ...

No comments:

Post a Comment