Sunday 13 March 2011

Birthday time

I have just celebrated another birthday  I'm not one of those people who is fussed about aging (maybe that will change as I get older?) but this birthday signifies aproximately 1 year since buying my sewing machine, which is quite a landmark in itself.

So what have I achieved in the past year?
  • Bunting
  • 3 pigs (two types)
  • 8 bags (varying types)
  • 3 bears
  • 5 pairs of slippers
  • a needle case
  • a sock monkey
  • a purse
  • a dress
  • 3 pairs of curtains
  • an Iphone cover
  • a baby book
  • a hat
  • a skirt
  • a quilt
Not bad... when you put it all together like that you realise how much you have done.

Thankfully my birthday didn't pass without further sewing-related presents:

A rotary cutter, large cutting mat and quilters ruler from my lovely husband

Small Stash Sewing book, with the most amazingly titled item - Owly McPillowpants - known to mankind.  Item from this book is the next project so  more to follow ...

Also 3 fat quarters beautifully selected by my wonderful sister.

right then ... best get on with some sewing then!

No comments:

Post a Comment