Tuesday 22 March 2011

Travel tray

A quick interlude from my bigger project - more on that to follow on another occasion - I've knocked together a quick pressie for my husband's birthday next week.

Before Xmas I found a fat quarter of some Batman fabric - my hubby is a comic geek - and planned to make a pressie for him then but I just didn't find the time. Then our second wedding anniversary - cotton - came and went and as we don't "do" valentine's day we're now onto the birthday.

I have been looking for something great to do with this fat quarter and was really pleased when Sew Hip had this pattern for a collapsable travel tray in issue 27. We like our holidays so I thought this was perfect.




I used some spare red cotton as a contrast - as the pattern said to use linen I was worried that my two lighter cottons might be a bit flimsy so I put a bit of sew-in interfacing in the middle to make it a bit more stable.

This was also my opportunity to play with my new toy! On my birthday I bought a kit to do poppers and eyelets. Took me a while to work out what bit was what but got there in end.




Et voila! The finished product - packs flat but pops into a tray. Wicked!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment