Sunday 13 March 2011

one last thing ...

ok, just one more thing to get caught up.  I did a really quick little project to make a cushion cover.
My husband gave me a Barcelona hanky ages ago, after a fabulous trip to Barcelona, that I have just had knocking about the bedroom.  I was using it on my dressing table chair to make it slightly more comfortable.  So I decided to make it into a cushion cover.  My husband was throwing away an old shirt so I used the front of it with the buttons to make the back of the cushion cover, meaning that it already had a finished opening.

I simply cut round the hanky to make sure the back panel was the right size and then sewed round all four sides with rightsides together and then turned it out through the buttoned opening.

As we were also chucking away some old battered pillows that had got quite manky, I stuck them through the washing machine and then cut them up, resewing them closed to make cushion pads out of them.  So now I have some spare cusion pads - a few more cushion covers to come me thinks ...

No comments:

Post a Comment