Sunday 13 March 2011

More baby gifts

sorry - have got behind again. Two more baby gifts - I'm at that age when all my friends are sprogging!  The December baby needed bunting ... or maybe more that my friend really wanted bunting  for her baby's room.  I have now discovered the best way to go fabric / project shopping - get someone else to spend their money and then hand the purchases over to me!

My friend picked out a fat quarter bundle that she liked as well as some bias binding. I cut out a huge amount of little penants and then sewed them, right sides together, so that I would have a nicely finished double sided penant.  I then spaced these along the bias binding and top stitched them into place.



I was quite pleased with the result:







My friend is pleased with them two and I think they look great in place

Another friend gave birth in January so that gave me a chance to make yet another softie ... and use up some more of the excessive amount I fleece I bought to make slippers (still got more to use though ...).  I have been loving the fact that Sew Hip magazine has been featuring a fantastic softie in each issue and this one is no different.  


Isn't he gorgeous?  Still haven't met the young lad who will be receiving this one but from the pics I've seen so far I think their gorgeousness should match!

So now I think the next babies I need to make for are July & September, so I might have a break from baby stuff and get on with some other projects ...

No comments:

Post a Comment